Sunday, August 16, 2009

spontaneous sunday.

This morning sac woke up with a spontaneous spark to straighten her insanely gorgeous curls.
Final result: fabulous.
pretty roommate... curly or straight. :)

me and sac.
before church.

Our first sunday together... I have to say I was pretty nervous. Last year when I would come down to see Sam, most Sundays we would attend the church his sister, JL,came to when she was in college. I fell quickly in love with this church with its contemporary style, insane worship band and abstract but very meaningful messages. I absolutely love it. I was nervous because the night before me and sac had a conversation about our "church style." She comes from a formal church and she prefers formal services. I was afraid that the formal style she was looking for would not be found here.

We actually took a large group with us to church today... which was great. Sam drove us. So anyways... sac sat beside me today during the service and was cracking up the whole time at the senior pastor [he cracked a lot of jokes]. Even though the sermon was hilarious.. I came out with a new fact and a new way to think about circumstances. "The Lord said to Moses, 'Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.' "[Numbers 21:8]...I had no idea that the medical symbol was created in reference to that. Being a huge fan of the medical field was so excited to learn that new fact. Also from the sermon the important lesson I took from the building was when God is stretching your faith, we should not stop to consider the circumstances and believe we cannot do it. I love that. So needless to say, I was feeling much better about both of us having a good time and enjoying the service. I found out on the way home that sac really enjoyed the service and loved the pastor. I was stoked.

Tonight on campus was RecFest. Where there was tons of free stuff like water bottles, cups and t-shirts... oh and the outrageous amount of free food. I mean from JimmyJohns to Wendys to Moe's to Hungry Howie's, to BBQ, etc. It was incredible. At RecFest you could also enjoy some inflatable obstacle courses or bungee trampolines and even a mechanical bull. Tons and tons of fun.

this is er on the bungee trampoline.


today was a good day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am SO excited that she liked the church! WOW! I am so proud of you....starting the year off like that is so good. So good.

    Check out my blog today. You might win a Target gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....whats gonna happen when CLASSES come into play into your incredibly busy life? ;) Loving that you're loving your new life! :D

    ReplyDelete