Saturday, December 18, 2010

the one who we now call "the graduate".


today was a special day. and it was all about this girl:


one of my best friends.


oh, did i mention she was my sister?
my sweet, creative, talented, beautiful sister.


around 10am all of my family loaded up and headed to charrrrtown in giant snowflake weather.


to hang out around ashley's apartment to "pre-game" for her college graduation...



there was a ton of people there who are in love with her && so thankful to share this day with her... not just family, but friends. i will have to say i am in love with ashley's friends. they are so welcoming & loving. one of them makes me feel like her best friend. another could carry on a conversation with a christmas tree for a good hour. she is so lucky to be daily surrounded by a good group of girls. :)


later on, ashley took some milestone steps, in some really cute suede boots.


&& since the tassel is now on her left,
she is an official graduate of UNC charlotte with a bs in pyschology!




we are all so proud of her!



this group is so excited to see where life takes the fresh graduate.







and as for me, i got to spend the rest of the night with some parents who beamed the whole night as we looked at pictures & talked about the highs of the day!



ash, i am so proud of you! this was such a special day and i am forever grateful that i got to share it with you. i'm glad you got to prove what hard work can achieve and set an example for me & ryan. thanks for having the biggest heart & the most perfect crooked smile. i love you!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post.....for the sweetie in our lives! We are all so proud of this girl! We love you graduate! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this sweet post!! It brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that you were here to celebrate with me and thank you my wonderful photographer! =) I am so Happy that I could set an example for you and ry I Love You Very Much! and All I have to say is you better be NEXT and Ryan must follow suet!!!!

    ReplyDelete