Monday, June 20, 2011

the one spent with 3 of my favorite boys.

I had the most amazing Saturday.  John & Will are the most talented, amazing, outgoing, witty, wonderful, loving, creative, crazy kids I know.  && I am dead serious when I say they are the smartest 6 & 9 year olds known to man.  They are little geniuses! 

Sam volunteered his time, energy & his testosterone to spend the day with us... as we took on hikes, BB guns & fishing.  The boys loved, loved, loved Sam!  && he was so good with them.  He knew exactly when to be act like a 6 or 9 year old && he knew exactly when to pull the reigns a little bit.  I had no doubts about Sam going into the day.. but still I must say he really impressed me.

It was wonderful day spent with 3 wonderful boys...


[activity one]  Pilot Mountain.


I didn't know my heart was able to swoon yet, until I caught this moment.







The boys believed the knob of Pmount was made of "a good quality sandstone".. I'm telling you.. GENIUSES!






[activity two] BB guns && Diet Mountain Dew Cans.












Yes, I did shoot the BB gun.  & yes, I actually did hit the first can of the day!







[activity three] Fishing & Feeding Ducks.









As I sit here in my bed, pretty much bawling my eyes out as I reflect on this day.. I get so excited to know that these feisty, little boys will grow into wonderful, worldly, loving, intelligent men of God.  They already understand His love & the power of prayer. These boys have helped me learn how to love & love hard.




Kelly, you are the most amazing woman.  You are so strong & such a light. I pray one day that your boys will see your insanely bright beauty & your always-growing love for them.  My life has been truly blessed by you & your family.  You have incredible kids who are going to change this world someday... & I personally can't wait to watch them do so.  It has been a blessing to watch you teach your boys about their good & faithful Savior and you have personally reminded me about the power of faith through the hardest hardships.  I can never thank you enough for hiring me! :)  I love you & I love your boys.



I had the most amazing Saturday...

6 comments:

  1. simply..Amazing :) This is such a wonderful wonderful wonderful, did I say wonderful? POST!!! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i so loved this post. You and Colby interact so well with them...and that should be no surprise but it's so heartwarming to see it. They are indeed special children with the gifts from God to take them anywhere....and I'm so glad you're getting to share their journey. And they are teaching you more things that they'll ever learn from you...soak it all in.

    Bring them back home soon! We all loved them both so much!

    Send the link to their mom so she can see some of these pictures of them.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this...sooo sweet! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cleared out my tear ducts. Thanks for that.
    They are so precious and you are very right they will someday change this world for the better! They are so smart and booming with personality & I am so glad I got to go fishing with you and your boys. Mom is right they will teach you more than you could ever dream. I know my little man has. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Courtney I have enjoyed reading your blog so much, but this one really touched me. You and Colby are so good together and what you two did for these little guys will always be engraved in their hearts. You are such a sweet young lady and I feel very privilegded to have you in Sarah's life and in mine.

    Lisa Collier

    ReplyDelete