Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The one about a beautiful weekend.


Sometimes I will look at my calendar and think about all the things I have going on.. but I get so amped up about all of them that I tend to look over the madness.  This past weekend was one of those crazy calendar pages.  Mom & Dad's anniversary, Sam graduating, my brother going to States in track, Sam's nephews baby dedication and of course Mother's Day.. all on the weekend I am suppose to move back home for the summer.  Madness.  But amped up.
  
Since I was still in Raleigh, I couldn't celebrate the parent's anniversary, so us kids decided we would celebrate on Sunday, when I would be home.  Thanks family for understanding!

First major event on the calendar.. Ryan's High Jump State Championship.  Let's go back a couple months first.  Ryan is nothing but legs.  That's a huge part of the reason he killed it on the basketball court.  Ryan has never been a runner, per se.  But this year, for whatever reason, he decided to engage in some of the track events this spring.  Our family was shocked.   I think he did all the jumping events.  With them long limbs he made it to Regionals, came in 2nd, and then made it to States.   Homeboy, who randomly signed up for track his senior year of highschool, with no history, no training, and zero form made it to the State Championships?  What is this?

Ryan was one of my biggest supporters throughout my entire sports career.  He went to all the games, he critiqued all my games with me and my dad, most importantly.. he was there. ALL. THE. TIME.  I didn't get to make it to any of his events throughout the school year and since he made it to the State Championships I could not NOT support him in that.  The catch.. Sam graduates on the same day. Eek.  So I made a decision to miss Sam's big University graduation to travel to Greensboro to watch Ryan.

 



Sam was to graduate at his department ceremony at 1:30.  I got to Greensboro to watch Ryan at 9:30.. and he didn't start jumping until 11:35 (I couldn't leave later than 11:45 to see Sam graduate).  So ultimately, I got to see Ryan practice once and then jump the 5'8''.  I hate that is all I got to see, but I was there when I could and I think Ryan understood that.






After my hour and 15 minute commute back to Raleigh I made it back in time for Sam's department graduation.  He looked so good in that cap & gown.  He graduated Cum Laude with 1 major and 3 minors.  I could not be more proud of him! :)




Seriously, could his family be any more beautiful?

So the rest of the afternoon was spending packing and moving.  Lots of stuff, lots of cleaning.. madness.  But it was also good.  I think Sam was getting excited about going to work on Monday and taking in more responsibility.  This is such a beautiful step for Sam and we are all so proud of him! I sure am gonna miss seeing his face every day, but Raleigh is where he needs to be right now.  Im so excited to see how the Lord will use him in his workplace starting this summer. I love you, Sam.

So we stayed semi-in-town to see Sam's nephews baby dedication on Sunday morning.  Their sweet spirits just melt my heart every time.  Their momma, Jenny, made their little outfits!  She did such a crazy good job - so proud of her!




After church, I had to head back home so I could spend some time with my mama on her special day.  So Sam & I split our ways.. just for a week though. :/


Home was so nice.  I drove up to a cute little cookout at my Mema's house.   Everyone was in good spirits and my momma was bursting through the doors when she saw me.. she is such a sweet woman.  She makes me feel so loved.


 Blurry.. but still sweet.  My daddy & his momma.


We had a tiny break between family events.  So we took that opportunity to celebrate with gifts! 





For the other side of the family, my grandmother wanted the momma's to celebrate rather than cook themselves.. so we went to the Olive Garden.. where they treat you like family, ya know?



Not a super picture, I think the flash caught mama off guard - me with my momma with her momma.


I love my momma.  I am just so thankful for her.  She loves me so much and she will be sure to let me know.  She is so giving of her love, talents, time, money, advice, and opinions.

My mama just knows exactly what I need.  I thank my Savior for that.  He choose my mama to be a mama to me.  He provided her with the knowledge of what it takes to love and raise me.  He choose my mama to be the one to teach me how to love and raise a family.   God is good.


I love you mom.

2 comments:

  1. I love this *all about family* post! So much *goodness* this weekend. Glad I could share some of it with yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed so many times over each day....just to be your mom. You make being a mom a lot easier than it really is....thank you for that!

    I love you with my whole heart! :)

    ReplyDelete