Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The one with 18 candles.


Sam's graduation supper was Saturday night.  I woke up Sunday morning and walked into the kitchen.  Today was my sweet little brother's 18th birthday.  After the inspiration of Sandra from the entire week before.. I wanted to more than just a couple of wrapped boxes.  So balloons were bought & blew up.  Gifts were wrapped with ribbon. Mini Happy Birthday Signs were made... etc, etc.  He was awoken by the loud sound of annoying sisters singing Happy Birthday && a burnt (the way he likes it) piece of sausage with a candle lite just for him.

I hope he felt loved.  I hope he felt celebrated.

 I'll explain the balloon messages later.


Around lunchtime, we asked Ryan how he wanted to spend his day -- knowingly, he said fishing.  So we went down to our pond and were joined by about 8 of his buddies to enjoy a day in the sun... celebrating him.







 




&& that night, we celebrated Ryan with his 2nd favorite meal (1st being Mama's breakfast).. the Ultimate Feast at Red Lobster








 Then home.. to celebrate with Dewey's cupcakes.

Okay.. so the balloons were an absolute joke.  Ryan's sweet little gal is 15.  We always joke about how young she is.. when in reality the age difference is nothing.  When I was writing on the balloons.. I wrote 'you're legal'..  Ashley was like we should write "& she is not!"  So we did.  We adore Gabi - I hope she can laugh about our little joke with Ryan.


All day long, we went out of our way to act crazy && so excited for him.  We sang, had birthday hats, joked, && sang a lot more.  Turning 18 is a big deal.. and we wanted to make sure he knew that we knew it is a big deal.  
   
Ryan, I hope you had a good birthday.  I hope you felt loved.  I hope you felt celebrated.  I love watching you grow into a crazy sweet young man.  Happy 18, Cutie.  You deserve nothing but good things.  I love you.

 

2 comments:

  1. be still my warm heart!

    It is a Mom's blessing for her children to love each other in the exact way ya'll love each other. I know you girls worship him...and I know he would fight until death for you.

    Happy Birthday Cutie....you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That family picture is CANVAS WORTHY! I love it - seriously - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete