Thursday, November 18, 2010

the one who takes pictures (& lots of them).

so. i love... i mean love to take pictures. of everything.

everytime i bring out my point and shoot camera, sam always mumbles something like:
"i hope you never get a real camera."
because seriously, i take pictures of everything.
i can't help it, its a disease.
for me however, i can't wait until i get a real camera.
im saving up for my first really big investment & im really excited.. i have already started looking and i don't even have near enough money.
but the canon weekly updates keeps me from buying that extra pumpkin spice latte in the mid-afternoon and just overall pushes me to save, save, save!
i am my own dave ramsey. :)

well, mom keeps me in check pretty good.. so if anything SHE is my dave ramsey.

ANYWAYS. back to the love of pictures. it is easily my favorite hobby.

some pictures from my point and shoot:


i've been given the opportunity to take pictures for a couple of seniors...
and fortunately, my uncle graciously allows me to use his slr camera. (thanks phil!)

kelsey.



kyle.


sarah.
(when we did our shoot.. i wasn't going to be able to show her all of her pictures for several days, so i made her a few collages of raw pictures.)


(p.s. i have no idea how to make the images larger... any blogger help would be appreciated).

so there is a VERY short snapshot some of the "photography" i've done. i wish i could show you more.. and i guess i could.. but i have some homework i need to get done... so maybe another post later on!

i'm really starting to research and hopefully improving my editing skills... i don't really like a LOT of editing... then the pictures don't look natural or like "you"... but i'm trying to improve. slow & steady wins the race!

anyways. next week i get to do my first engagement shots.. and my first family shots.
so next week is really exciting for this amateur photographer. :)
i'll definitely keep you updated.

the awkward part of this is money.
everyone i have ever shot always ask how much do i owe you?
because i seriously DON'T KNOW what to say and never tell them in advance.
my philosophy is if they don't like them.. they should have to pay big bucks for them.
i don't print the pictures for them. i give them the entire edited cd.
so thus far, i have based my very small price on how they like the pictures.
and plus, i seriously LOVE taking the pictures... i enjoy the whole process.

so if anything, i get more of a reward taking the pictures then the small amount of money that comes in from it.

actually.. a little side note here. sarah (3rd senior shot), bought me a vintage book called "human physiology" (knowing it was my major/career of interest and my love for vintage stuff), in exchange for her photoshoot. that was awesome.

i can't wait to learn more.
so.. few questions:

- what kind of camera do you think i should i invest in?
- wanna photo shoot where you call the shots (money)? :):)

3 comments:

  1. you do a great job....

    you have tons of pictures....

    you need a back up hard
    drive for these moments....!

    Im glad I can help you save money....Im sure Sam can help too.... 'Do you LOVE it?'

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so good!

    Who are you doing engagement pictures for??
    I would choose the Canon Rebel T1i :) I'm a fan of Canon Rebels.

    There are lots of make your pictures bigger blog tutorials. If you google that you should fine one that tells you exactly how to do it. That's what I did.

    Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! You know I'm going to say Canon all the way. And your philosophy on editing is awesome! I really think you work is a little more than amateur, there is many a people makin' a livin' with lesser work.
    Thanks for the shout out. I'm really glad you and TeeTee have started bloggin' again. Y'all have inspired me to update my blog again, as soon as I get a spare few. You guys make for some good reading, BTW Ash needs to start blogging again, put a bug in her ear. She also needs to put some of her work online. I can see it now. Sisters Studio.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete