Wednesday, November 17, 2010

the one with a latte love.

so. once a week my bible study leader, rita, and i meet for coffee before classes.
it is easily my favorite morning of the week.

one. it forces me to get up early and get my day started.
two. it allows me to get up early and get my day started right.


first things first.. i head over to a local coffee shop (this week = global),

and order a pumpkin spice latte.

p.s. global in raleigh has hands down best pumpkin spice latte ever madeeee.


i get there earlier than our scheduled time to meet in order to do a devotional. my bible study is going through a study called "becoming a woman of simplicity" and it rocks!


this week's devotional really focuses on romans 12:1-2:

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

today specially dealt with sacrifices pleasing to God and when it comes to these sacrifices... how God is more concerned with the attitude of the heart rather than the ritual itself.

sacrificing ourselves, our wills, our desires, allows God to live in us, reflecting His love and our true heart's desires. :)

so... when the oh-so-fabulous rita comes in, we talk.
about life. school. family. coffee. pretty weather. flea markets. & christmas parades.

it's real. intentional. and awesome. (love you, rita!)


this morning was perfect.


now it's off to study for an exam tomorrow...
...maybe another pumpkin spice latte will be encouraging mid-afternoon. :)

5 comments:

  1. You inspire me to want to be a better person. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...Great job on the OrgChem2 test...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post :)
    love coffee and real conversations with friends.
    love global.
    love pumpkin spice lattes.
    love good bible studies.
    love you!

    and this bible study just got added to my christmas list because i looked it up online and it does look amazing! and simplicity is really what my heart is crying for in this time of our lives.

    happy wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girl I work with (and I) want to do this bible study! Thank you for sharing with us. Oh, and could you deliver us one of those lattes once a week? please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it really is an awesome study.

    and i would love to deliver pumpkin spice lattes to the love folks of graham. :)

    ReplyDelete