Tuesday, December 28, 2010

the one with window panes and finished projects.

one day i was passing through my multiple blogs i read daily and i found a really cute wedding reception "words of wisdom for the newlyweds". it was a antique window pane, wrapped a couple times in twine and cute clothes pins attaching small sheets of paper/words of wisdom to the twine. i can't find the post where i saw it.. but i loved it and used it as a inspiration for my crafty sister's christmas gift.

first i got some real cute fabric from somewhere like jo ann's and cut it into small strips, like half an inch.


next i twirled the small strips round n round until i ended up with a nice size flower. i finished the floral arrangement by closing the end with thread & needle, so it wouldn't unravel.


next i got some metallic silver spray paint & painted some regular sized clothes pins.


then with a hot glue gun and my clothes pins...


...i hot glued the back of the flowers and placed them on the clothespins.


with my flowers set aside, i wrap an antique window pane (that i bought at the raleigh flea market earlier this year) with twine a couple of times. then hot glued the twine to the small panes between the glass, so the twine will remain sturdy.


next i put the clothespins on my twine and arranged them according to their colors.


and got this:


almost done. but then i got my mom, dad, brother and myself to write a quote/lyrics/definition/verse of scripture and put on the pane, layered with different colored scraps of paper.






i also put these cute, glittery, green pine cones to add a festive touch..


and the final product:


it was my first self-completed gift. like i said in an earlier post, i get so close to finishing a project when i hit a wall and need my mom or sister to finish it for me. but this was superrr easy and came out great! so here's to my first how-to project! happy tuesday, ya'll!!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it!!....and I know she must have loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im majorly jealous of your sister.
    this was a killer idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so cute! wonderfulllll idea(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo cute Courtney! so creative, im sure she absolutely loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks even better than the pictures....you did great! Now...where is mine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so so proud of how super crafty you are :) We need to craft together back at school! Bring supplies! haha I'm brining lotsss!

    ReplyDelete