Saturday, January 1, 2011

the one to wrap up 2010.

caution. bunches of pictures ahead.

goodbye 2010. you have been so wonderful, and set standards real high for 2011. you allowed me to experience so much more than expected, and for that.. thanks, you rock!

a lot happened in 2010. && i thought i would share just a few of my favorite events/highlights via pictures.

enjoy my twenty ten.

  • i turned 19 & collected all ten seasons of f.r.i.e.n.d.s..
& became even more obsessed with it.

  • one my friends became a beautiful mother because of this sweet girl.

  • i went to a bunch of concerts with sam... including:
michael franti & spearhead,

john mayer,

casting crowns,

goo goo dolls (my faveee)

then goo goo dolls again - for my first outdoor concert.

  • my brother turned 16, got his license, and bmw (not fair).

  • my brother, ryan, also got his braces off this year.
mom & dad paid for all of these pearly whites.

  • some of friends from high school won another softball state championship!


  • i went of a two week medical humanitarian trip to belize with undergraduates & med students from all over the country!
the girls.

it was amazing - i have to post about this soon!

  • i took my first seniors pictures, and was followed by two more.
kelsey.

kyle.

sarah.

  • i became a younglife leader.
middle creek.

east surry.

  • i celebrated 4 incredible years with sam at the melting pot.

dessert. yummm.

  • i got to watch a bunch of my brother's games & realized he is a total jock.


  • sam turned 21.

range finder, wahoo!

  • went camping with my family in 30 degree weather.


  • enjoyed multiple ncsu football games with some friends.


  • fell in love in living with simplicity because of my bible study.


  • went to my first raleigh christmas parade.


  • saw my beloved clefhangers with my boyfriend and my facebook "son".


  • ate an amazing potluck thanksgiving with my bible study ladies.


  • took part in one of my favorite family traditions: cutting down the christmas tree.


  • had my first spin out on ice.


  • my (now grown-up) sister graduated college.


  • shot my first engagement shoot.


  • && lastly decided to be crafty at christmas.


of course, there are multiple others but i already have like twenty some pictures uploaded on this sucker. plus, im tired & ready for bed.

so to conclude my 2010.. the december goals that i did complete include:

-reading more instead of watching tv before bed.
-remind someone why we celebrate christmas.

(really quick awesome story. sam helped me out with this goal. we were in his dorm room when christmas came up in conversation with him and one of his friends. knowing that his friend wasn't into jesus, sam asked him "so man, you get gifts on christmas right?" his friend replied "well yeah." sam in his rebuttal said "why?" his friend replied "what do you mean why? it's christmas." sam simply said "well, jesus. you said you weren't into the jesus thing, but he is the reason we celebrate christmas." it was the very best way to bring up jesus at this time of the year. sam is a genius.)

-do well on finals.
-read a book over christmas break.

(uncharted terriTORI by tori spelling. i have a slight obsession with tori&dean on oxygen.)

-try a chai latte.
-go on a date with sam to the pit.
-do e&z engagement shots.

new year. new monthly goals.
coming tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Busy year! I have a good feeling about 2011 being even better! :)

    Now...to get wormie blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this blog. Glad you finally got all the seasons to the best show ever, FRIENDS =) I also love the songs playing right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year for ya!

    I have to say the camping trip was one of the most remember-able for me and my family.
    Love the range finder picture...

    ReplyDelete