Sunday, January 23, 2011

the one for early mornings with peanut butter.

Eating remotely healthy in a dorm room setting can be difficult at times. Time is of the essence, especially in the morning. For example, my Tuesdays & Thursday.. I am going hard from 8 until 6:30pm. So early on, I need something that will hold me over until a late lunch!

So today I thought I'd share one of my go-to breakfasts for a busy day starting early.
One of them is an Peanut Butter, Banana & Whole Wheat Eggo sandwich.. (the Eggo's being my bread). A to-go cup of coffee & a ice-cold water filled CamelBak.

If not that, toast a whole wheat bagel thin & then spread some good ol' peanut butter (you will learn to find that I eat peanut butter at least once a day. As a spread or maybe even a spoonful for a snack.. I love it.) And then a handful of either blueberries or strawberries... along with the coffee & CamelBak.

Super easy. You can even can throw in a Ziploc bag & eat it in class - usually what I do.

A lot of people scream & run at the site of peanut butter because it has an insanely high point score on Weight Watchers. But regardless, it is completely yummy & good for you! It has the good fat, & has proven to lower cholesterol & lessen the risk of a heart disease. It also helps control hunger due to the feeling of fullness you get from eating it. It can also keep fight Adult-Onset Diabetes and help fight against Breast Cancer. This incredible jar of goodness is the way to go for holding me over from an early breakfast to a late lunch!



(kind of wilted.. it was my last handful so whatever. :) )

It works for me.. & for all my fellow college readers, & soon to be college readers here is a nice little tip that I found to be wonderful! Suddenly, I want a snack... going to go get my peanut butter fingers on!

1 comment:

  1. Love the ANCHOVY AND SARDINE OIL, TILAPIA GELATIN. You are the only one other than me who eats this stuff. Also you can freeze the blue berries to stop the wilting.

    ReplyDelete