Monday, January 24, 2011

the one for bennifiber [aka jen].

Today is a very special day. One of my very, very best friends turns 20!!


Jen is one of those people who has never met a stranger. She is wholesomely loving (she gets it from her Savior, who she is obsessed with!), kind, loves to listen & give advice, enjoys coffee dates, is a phenomenal YoungLife leader & the best friend you could ever have.

she thinks Meredith is the guardian angel of the Wolfpack.

We met like four years ago at a YoungLife camp (Sharp Top Cove), where we were both campers. We were in the same cabin & fell madly in love. She was so cute and fun, & I remember wanting to be just like her. I joked around and called her "Bennifiber" instead of Jennifer.. (what the world?) But she is the one of the two who gave me my nickname, courtsimms. & it has stuck since I was a sophomore in highschool. (Thanks Jen!.. I use it for all my usernames!) Also, another trivial fact about me & Jen is that our YoungLife leaders.. are married. :) It's kind of funny.. to us anyways.

Western Wake Rookie YL Leaders (last year).

We remained distance friends throughout the rest of high school (we went to each other's rival high schools). But in the spring semester of my freshman year at NCSU, she transferred to Meredith. Like a mile away!! :)

jscsj 4 lyfe.

We fell back in love.. and became YoungLife leaders here in Raleigh.

new yl leader induction night - rolling skating through the 80's!

@ windy gap.

jscsj at a yl 5k.

jscsj a yl broomball tournament.

Jen is one of the most inspiring people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She is a daily reminder of listening to God's will & embracing his grace. She is truly a blessing in my life & I cannot wait to shack up with her (with a few other cuties) for the next two years.

@ windy gap.. again.

YoungLife is a basis of our relationship making Jesus our foundation. With a rock solid foundation like that, you can never go wrong. I thank Jesus everyday for putting me in the paths of the right people. I am clearly thankful for this beautiful girl & so thankful for God putting her in my path.

Jen. Oh happy day, my sweet, sweet friend.
I love you so incredibly much.
Welcome to adulthood, you rock!

3 comments:

  1. Friends like that....dont come around often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie...cried (tears of joy) when i read this on my birthday. And now it warms my heart even more! Thanks for celebrating me and making me feel so loved! CAN IT BE AUGUST YET? i wanna have a 24/7 sleepover! love you courtsimms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Jillian Craig! She was in my mom's class in like 2nd grade. What a sweet heart! Small world. :)

    ReplyDelete