Monday, January 3, 2011

the ones from softball.

sports. growing up, they built me. they gave me my best friends. they help me realize the importance of fun and love & how they should always coincide. i am huge advocate for sports for kids & truly thankful for my parents forcing me to at least try tee-ball.

so i fell in love with tee-ball, then it turned into little league, then travel ball, middle school, loads more travel ball, then high school. a group of us girls stuck together through all of our transitions. i am forever grateful for that because i grew up loving these girls like my sisters. they were and still are my best friends.

well a couple of them came over last night, because we are still home from christmas break. & man, have i missed these girls.

this is us in high school.. while of course playing softball.
we won a state championship together. :)

we are growing up now. into fine, young women.


and as one of them turned twenty-one last night. you would think we are maturing. but when we are all together maturing leaves the building. we were screaming and yelling like little girls at their first slumber party. it was amazing.


we just danced 2-ed all the night long.



then we hit up some...


and then eventually we played the "act it out" cards of cranium...
until like 4:30 this morning.
again... amazing. and hilarious.
see for yourself.


We never fail to have a good time together.. actually correction: we never fail to have a great time together! I can't wait to see them all grow up into incredible women full of fun, laughter & love. & to end... one of the girls showed me this quote to describe us & it's perfect.

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
-Elisabeth Foley


3 comments:

  1. looks like a fun filled reunion.
    the video is hilarious.
    i loveee it.
    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this.
    and that quote is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its even more fun to watch ya'll be together after a long time of being apart. Great times with great friends!

    ReplyDelete