Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the one for dad.

The Douglas is his callerID on my phone.
Teach Me How to Dougie is his ringtone.
I gladly inherited his love for music, sports, & television.
One of the reasons I want to learn to play guitar is because of him.
He pushes me harder than anyone I know.
He is the picture perfect model of a father.

I firmly believe I have the best dad in the entire world.


 He lives by certain sayings and reminds us of these sayings every single chance he gets.
Sayings like...


The main thing is not to get excited.
Meaning: don't freak out / remain calm / don't jump to conclusions.


If it was easy everyone could do it.
Meaning:  simply that it's suppose to be hard -- thrive off it.


Don't fuss, don't cuss & never settle for less than your best.
Meaning: don't agrue - love, don't cuss - smile, & never be satisfied with less than your absolute best efforts.


Make a difference in a positive way.
Meaning:  leave your mark on someone or something every chance you get, and make sure that mark is for the good of others, the world and yourself.


"Have I told you lately, that I love you"
Meaning:  well you know the meaning of that.  But dad never, ever forgets to tell his girls how beautiful we are before going out.


He is the hardest worker known to man.  
&& shows Ashley, Ryan and me how a man is suppose to treat and love a woman.



&& being silly is never overrated.


The whole reason why I decided to write this post was because I was painting my fingernails the other day & I went into the bathroom to run cold water over my fingers after I finished painting.  My roommate was like, uhh, what are you doing? You just painted your nails.

So I told her about the beauty trick my dad taught me.

 After applying a coat of nail polish, run cold water over your fingers, allowing the water to run off the edges of your nails.  This hardens the lacquer.  Keep under the water for around 30 seconds, then pat dry & move on to your next coat.  

How he knew this?  I don't even wanna know, but I am sure glad he did.  I use this trick every single time I paint my nails!  My dad is great for any advice.. from school to beauty he has read his parenthood books well! :)

&& lastly, a song for the music man.

Fathers, be good to your daughters.
Daughters will love like you do.

6 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a precious daddy!

    Oh, and I love that he knew that about the nail polish. Every man needs a feminine side...really! I didn't know that little trick...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh i love this....i love him too! He is amazing to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =)
    I love this!!!
    and i am am bit partial to thinking/knowing he is the best dad in the entire world too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Baby,

    Love your blog...thanks for thinking of me....even if its while painting your nails. If i need to tell you how I knew that.....just remember...dont ask if you cant handle the truth.

    I love you....get your tail home soon!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete