Monday, February 14, 2011

the one valentine.

Last night as I was laying in my bed, scanning the channels for the Golden Girls (Sarah and I's new night time obsession), a commercial came on about Valentine's Day.  I am not the biggest fan of this holiday.  Don't get me wrong I love celebrating love -- but I hope to be reminded of love everyday, not just this one little "season".  But anyways the commercial was amazing.  It was a Hallmark card commercial talking about how today isn't about I love you but rather about I love us.  I have never thought about it before & I love it.

So today I celebrate love with an enhanced perspective.  First off, love is gift, a gift given to us from our creator.  Before we can love on someone else, we must recognize this gift, embrace it & use it as a template for our love to others.  Second, when it comes to Sam & I today, I love us.  We both make a conscious effort to love each other using our Father's template of love -- which is probably the reason why we got this whole relationship thing down pat.




  





But anyways, that is enough about us.  Ohhh, wait one more thing!  Remember on my February goals, Sam & I were making homemade gifts... or just using whatever you had (without buying)?  Well we are exchanging tonight && Im real pumped to see what Sam has in store for me.  This is a sneak peak to one of my homemade gifts. :)


Happy Valentine's Day!  Make sure to tell someone you love them!

2 comments:

  1. this is absolutely precious Court Simms.
    I love seeing you two together...it makes me so happy.
    Your post kind of coincides with my post today...mainly the part about making God's love a template of your love for each other. That makes me really happy too.
    Love you Court Simms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally feel the same way about valentines day.
    im so not a fan at all.
    i agree that you dont need a holiday to show someone that you love them. it definitely should be a daily thing. not an annually thing.
    but since i cannot change holidays why not enjoy it..
    i love you court. happy valentines day.

    ReplyDelete