Monday, May 30, 2011

the one where today we are rich.

A couple of months ago my mom went on a business trip to Colorado.  While there she attended a conference where Tim Sanders spoke about confidence & leadership.  She had no idea who TIm Sanders was but he definitely left a mark on her by the time she left the conference.  She called me right after the conference going on and on about what Tim said.. (she would even talk as if they were on the first name basis: Tim said this.. Oh, Oh! Tim went on about this.. :) ).  Well she was gung-ho about all he had to say and bought one of his books on the way home called:


at the time mom was in the middle of Water for Elephants.. so she encouraged me to read it as I was in transition of finishing my last book and starting Heaven is For Real.  However, this was also when final exams were emerging & I really didn't like the idea of reading as a break from studying.  So I read a couple pages just to satisfy my mom.. and found two things:

one. the reason the book is called Today, We Are Rich.
two. two insanely good lessons to live by.

"...and because we were able to share, we are worth something.   By being able and willing to give we are rich."

&&

"Rich is a full cup & light heart."

Gorgeous, right?  Ahh, I have no idea why I stopped reading now that I am looking back.  But anyways, I started it back up this week & I am a very happy & mindful person.  Right now, I am in the part of the book about feeding your mind good stuff.  This is the first principle to total confidence.  It talks about being mindful of what you read, watch, how much time you spend of the computer, the conversations you have with people, etc.

So today, I am going start my "mind diet" and be more aware of the positive/negative things that I feed my mind.  Thus far, I enjoyed 30 minutes in the Book of Genesis & with a large lipped coffee cup with the lettering of Wild Thing on it. haha.  Then I got on my computer & read a couple of uplifting & entertaining blogs like Kelle Hampton.  & now, I am watching The Dr. Oz Show because Tim (&& yes, we are on a first name basis too) says shows like this are "insightful, helpful & positive in tone and intention."       

Whewww, long post.  
Sorry.. but I just thought this was worth sharing and help you feed your mind good stuff.  :)  

Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. i cant wait to read the book.....but it seems I have laid down the elephants book for a few weeks.....i need to finish up so I am ready when you are done.

    And is that coffee cup not the best thing! I love the rim of that cup...even though most days Im not feeling like a Wild Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd say Tim is very rich indeed! AND...I whole heartedly agree with his way of thinking...some really good news is that we all can be rich too!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete