Monday, May 2, 2011

the one who runs with the Lord.

With this week being the start of Finals, I am been a little preoccupied with studying.  This weekend was surprisingly wonderful.. going into it I thought I was going to be stressful, busy, distracting, short, lazy, etc.  I just didn't have a good feeling about it.  But like I mentioned earlier, I was pleasantly surprised.  This post isn't about that, but I just thought I would let yall know.. since you seemed concerned & all. 

 Around noon on Saturday, Sarah Ann & I wanted to go get some cardio & run to our future house.   While we were getting ready, changing clothes, charging iPods, I was inspired by a couple friends in Raleigh, who just started running for an insanely good cause.  You can read about them here... They apply scripture, & lots of prayer to their runs & I find that inspiring.  Right now in my life, I want to discipline my heart.  I don't want my heart to be discouraged when things don't go according to plan, I want my heart to trust that the Lord brings you through everything, even the teeny tiny things.  I want my heart to be disciplined on pushing through with the Lord's strength & not my own.  I want my heart to beat furiously for my Savior.   So when doing my devotions Saturday morning I came across this verse:

Apply your heart to discipline & your ears to words of knowledge.
Proverbs 23:12

I wrote it on my wrist to inspire me to push through my run with Sarah Ann later on.  To know that in the middle of the run, it's gonna get hard & I am going to want to quit or slow down or go back the old direction.  But even with really small things, such a running a couple miles, it is the Lord's strength that pulls you through, not your own.  So when my side was cramping or my legs were starting to burn, I looked at my wrist & prayed for strength and discipline.


Sarah & I ran 4 miles with a very small amount of difficulty. 
He is good & faithful.  

Now, it's back to the books.. chemistry now until bedtime - eek! :(

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love.
    i plan on doing this the next time i run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud, so proud of you. Oh, and proud of you that you would post that picture of you.:)LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now isn't that better than a real tattoo? You can rotate thru The Scripture each day you run.....and get a refreshed since of meaning with each one you learn!

    We are so proud of you! We Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! :) thanks for some encouragement for the day <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your beautiful heart for God...this scripture came to mind while reading your post...

    - And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. -Hebrews 12

    ReplyDelete