Tuesday, June 28, 2011

the one about this weekend & on tap for today.

So for most dates this is the conversation.

Sam: what do you wanna do?
Me: Im not sure... what do you have in mind?
Sam: I don't care, whatever you want to do.
Me:  Well, do you wanna go out to eat?
Sam: Yeah, where you wanna go?
Me:  Well, why don't you choose between (3 or 4 places)...
Sam:  Court, I don't care.  You pick.
Me:  Okay, pick between these two places...
Sam:  Do you just wanna go to Chili's? (Chili's is not one of his options)
Me: Let's do it!

Lesson to live by: if in doubt.. go to Chili's. :)

But this weekend, I decided I would plan the date in full.  From picking him up at his house, to picking the restaurant, to after supper activity, to giving him a gift towards the end of the date.  All he had to do is show up.  It wasn't insanely eventful... rather simple.. just like we like it.




Walked around downtown Winston after supper...





& then because Sam is very impatient.. he opened his surprise in the parking deck..





Sam is a super fan of the show, The Office.  He absolutely loves it.  What I love about watching it with him is that we NEVER laugh at the same thing.   Which is good, because it keeps us interested & laughing collectively during the entire show! :)  So his gift was The Office board game filled with trivia.

Our game pieces... Meredith (Court) & Kevin (Sam).



We had a big ol' time.   Also, this weekend I went on a yard-sale date with one of my future housemates, Liza.  We had a great time bouncing around stranger's yards rummaging through all of their old goodies, stuff (I wouldn't say that old hairbrushes, & underwear are considered goodies! Ha!)  But Liza & I had a good time riding around town, catching up, & getting our selves wayyyy too excited about our house this coming fall!



Also, sidenote.. this man saw me taking pictures with my Canon SLR.. & wanted me to sale it to him for $100!  I nicely declined his wonderful offer, but in my head.. I was like puhh-lease!  I didn't spend any of my high school graduation money for a reason!  && no, this camera is my baby.  How dare you take away someone's baby!!  My cheezy grin & kind rejection covered the anger & confusion that was going on inside my head!


Also, busy Tuesday.. on tap for today:



Go to Walmart - buy paint.
Burn Graduation/Awards Day pictures onto CD's & External Hard drive.
Antique all dining room chairs.
Paint dining room table with paint bought at Walmart.
Clean out shower.
Do at least 5 loads of laundry.
Make bed.
Go run.
Sign up for a 5k or 10k.
Help mom & dad stain new kitchen table.
Study for EMT class.

Geezzzz, I gotta get on the ball!

 What is on tap for you today?

2 comments:

  1. Stop by the grocery store to get the little man some mtn dew...and simple supper ingredients becuase..... when you Run this evening...i will walk. Start to stain new kitchen.dining room bar. Eat outside. Water the plants. Shower. Weave a dream. Not as many as you but still have to WORK 9 hours today!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Baby Bennett today. That's all I can handle!

    ReplyDelete