Friday, June 24, 2011

the one gift that requires you to blog.

I met this girl named Amelia when I was in 7th grade.  She was an 8th grader, a basketball super star & the new girl.  So as a nervous bench-warming 7th grade basketball player, I didn't even think she knew my name.  Until Christmas came along... Amelia got every player (7th graders included) a pillow case with our initials on it.  -- fyi.. I still have it & use it for when friends sleepover!  But anyways... one of my earliest memories of Amelia is her giving spirit.  She did recognize me & acknowledge my presence even when I doubted she knew my name.

We didn't really talk much.  Instead, I was really good friends with her younger sister - who was my age. But then high school basketball came into the picture.  Amelia && I got really close my sophomore year when we were both on the Varsity basketball team.  We would talk, laugh, play, scream, mock, encourage, & support each other.  

Not a great picture.. && the only one I could find on FB -- 
all my other pictures are on the family computer.
In the picture (L to R): Kelsey, Marli (hot shot senior), Milly, & Me.

I remember the day before our first game that year.. I was invited to go to Wendy's & eat with the hot shot senior, & two juniors (Ameila... or Milly was one of them!) before the game.  Seriously, I was honored.  Cheezy, I know but get over it :)  So, before every away game.. that's what we did.  && from there our friendship just blossomed!

If you know Amelia, you know she is hilarious.  She is not afraid to hold back any tact & will tell ya how it is.  She is sweet, caring, committed, & giving... which brings me to the main reason this post is being posted.


First off, another side story.  The other morning, I was watching the news with my parents before work  & we were all drinking coffee.  I couldn't even hold my coffee cup, because it was so hot.  I was like I don't understand why we don't have coffee cups that you can hold that won't burn your whole hand... geez, people.  My mom agreed that we need to invest in new coffee cups or find an alternative.

Well Amelia, and her random act of awesomeness && kindness, gave me my alternative. 
 This morning this is how I am drinking my coffee...



Of course, I am blogging this!  It is a crochet coffee cup holder!  Genius idea! 





Seriously, this gift is absolutely perfect for me. 
I cracked up when I unwrapped it! :)

Mil, I love you so much!  This is an amazing gift.  Thanks for thinking of me.  Seriously, you are so giving -- not just material things, but your spirit, your personality, your humor.  You have always been a huge supporter of this blog & anything I sink my teeth into.  Thanks for being such an amazing person, & unbelievable friend!  I love you Dae!

4 comments:

  1. awwww....that is soooo sweet! I LOVE both you girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw :) way to make me cry so early in the morning! haha :) I love you too and keep blogging girl..I NEED IT :) haha have a wonderful day!!! and thank you for all the kind words, means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed agreed AGREED!!! amelia you are such an amazing friend!! everything in this post is 110% true! thanks for always bringing a smile to my face, a laugh, an encouraging word to my life, and just being there no matter what! i love you adae!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were right. this is way cutier than i imagined it last night. i loveeee it!

    ReplyDelete