Monday, July 18, 2011

twice new [dining room table].

So before we start, you must know I am terrible at before photos.  I completely forget about them until it is just about too late.  These chairs were the very last ones.. & I about forgot to take the before picture - which could have been an absolute tragedy, I mean you wouldn't have had the chance to see them in all their original glory.  But luckily my mom came outside just in time to remind me!  Thanks mom!

To me, the cool thing about this dining room is that my parents bought it when my mom was pregnant with me!   :)  Now 20 years later, they have passed it down to their grown-up little fetus!  Haha... weird.

So without further ado, here is the before shots of the dining room ensemble...



Also, before of the table.  BUT remember I am terrible at before shots, so I had already taken out the middle sleeve to paint separately.  But anyways, maybe you can get the gist of the table from my crappy little snap shot...



So once the old sheets were laid accordingly, primer & paint was sprayed on the chairs & painted on the table.  Then with small sheets of sand paper, we distressed several edges & sealed it with a clear lacquer.  Voila!

the after:















I love how it turned out!  I hope my roomies do too! 

Let me know your thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. it is fabulous. cant wait to see what it looks like in the house :)

    ...LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job!!! I LOVE it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Word, It's Fabulous! love how you did the chairs different colors and love the distressed look!!!!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice miss courtney!! the different colors are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to take my stress out on your and wormie's furniture. Had I known the table would havde looked so cute white...I would have painted that beast a long time ago! :)

    Can't wait to see all of your things in your room.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete