Thursday, July 21, 2011

the ones with the plan to be a wedding barbie.

One of my favorite things to do is take day-trips!  They can be spur of the moment, they can be planned.  I think they are the perfect excuse for the let's just go somewhere attitude.

A couple of weeks ago, me & two of my girlfriends went on a secret mission.  Secret, as in no, we are not going to talk about it today... but I can talk about everything else!  :)  After the mission was complete we happened to stumble upon a David's bridal.  

Side note:  I am obsessed with everything weddings.. pictures, blogs, the process, tv shows.  But every time I walk past a wedding store of some sort, I always wanna go in & try one on!

Anyways, I mentioned to Brooke that we should just go try on dresses.  Brooke was "let's do it!  But we need a story!  You can be the bride."   So we came up with this plan:  I am recently engaged, not getting married until next fall, & my fiancé is in the Military of some sort (incase they told me I seemed real young). My two friends were my best friends & maid of honors.  I put my pearl ring on my left hand to represent engagement ring and I wanted a classy, country wedding... just in case they asked.

Well, we didn't know this but when you want to go in a try on dresses you have to register.  We got into the store.. && a consultant pretty much told us that a typical Saturday morning at the end of the wedding season isn't the best day to play wedding barbie.  (She told us Wednesday nights were the best.. just for future reference)

So close. :(

But that didn't stop us from trying on veils, finding our favorite dresses & ooo-ing & ahh-ing at the real brides.










Later, we stopped at Urban Outfitters & Anthropologie to get some inspiration.











&& we played this hilarious game on the way home... but the video will not upload.  I'll work on it tomorrow & see if I can get it going! :)

Yay for friends, secret missions, fake weddings, cookies from Anthropologie & fun day trips!

4 comments:

  1. ya'll are just so random....and i love it! Where did this day trip take ya'll.....i thought it was a pretend trip to Brazil. Guess i was wrong. B-)

    Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah LOVE IT...next time I wanna go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a trip to anthropology! ;) AND...the bride story is too funny!! hahaha!

    of course as I'm reading your blog "Wild World" would be playing....perfect! LOVE that song...I remember listening to it in the back of my mothers station wagon on a random trip to California when I was very young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have that white and brown bookbag...except mine is green (:

    ReplyDelete