Tuesday, August 30, 2011

the one to shag.

I beam when I see older couples happy.  I love to see them hold hands, laughing together, eating side-by-side rather than facing each other, & nothing gets me more than seeing them dance.  Seriously, most precious thing ever.  At North Hills, during the Beach Music Series you see older couples dancing the night away.  You can just see them turn into young teenagers again as they step 1-2-3-1-2-3-rock-step to a classic song.  I want that.  I want that more than anything...  to be in love with my husband after years & years marriage without ever letting our age determine how we think of each other or how we should act towards another.  I want to dance with him.. in the kitchen while we wait for chicken to finish cooking, as we get ready for work (toothbrushes in mouth & all), as we listen to music in our screened in back porch, at beach music series.. I want to dance with him.

Well the reason why I am talking about this is because we went shagging again last week.  This time, it was a million times more fun..  one reason being that we finally had partners, another reason was because it was The Embers.  We had a big ol' time.. watching older couples swing their hips to the music & us getting our hips in motion as well.  :)
Home boy's got it cocked in 2 gear doesn't he?


P.S.. Liza turned 21 at midnight after shagging.. hence the TWO-ONE.





We danced with each other before our partners got there.. & took a break because it was blazing hottttt.  We were so thirsty that we didn't even wait for one to finish their sip of water.



Once our partners got there.. we did not stop dancing.  We had the biggest time. :)


Shorty wanted me to take his picture.. so I did?


Sam is a closet dancer, yall.  I was very impressed by his ability to lead so well. :)





Okay, stop staring at the oil spots all over my face.  We were having so much fun.. we got over the sweat dripping off our bodies.  We actually took this last picture to show how much we were sweating.. haha.  We are gross little girls.



You'd think, I'd be embarrassed by that.. but seriously, we had a great time.  It was worth a sweaty shot. :)  Sadly, the Beach Music Series at North Hills is over.. but TJ's here we come!

Happy Tuesday.. 

for your iTunes Tuesday fix.. The Embers Pandora Station.. toe tapping, hip swaying, finger snapping good music.. I never have to hit the "skip" button.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the post and of course you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. again..precious :) You are too cute and I really REALLY really wish you would stop posting all this fun raleigh stuff because I seriously cant wait to visit :) Love youuuuuuu!!!!

    -4 days til MADEAAAAAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete