Sunday, September 11, 2011

the one to remember.

With the smell of my daddy's coffee brewing & my mom's famous breakfast stewing up.. I am watching the 9/11 memorial television broadcast.  Today, we remember.  Within a particular age range, Im sure most people could tell you what exactly they were doing when it happened.

 I was in 5th grade when a teacher came running through the door to our classroom and ran straight to our teacher.  They quickly turned on the tv that was positioned in the back of the classroom.  Before I knew it all desks were pushed to the back & all 5th grade students & teachers were piled into our classroom.  We even watched the second plane crash into the 2nd tower together.  They explained everything as it was broadcasted.   They thought it was important that we knew what was going on.  & that's what we did all day long... we only stopped for bathroom breaks & lunch.  A lot of people's parents pick up their children.. & a lot of the staff came into the classroom periodically to watch the broadcast.  It was crazy.  But I am very appreciative that those teachers allowed us to be included & understand the magnitude of it instead of leaving us in the dark of such a traumatic event.



Today, join me in remembering those who were lost & praying for the families affected.  Help me to always support this country & what it stands for.  Join me today.. in remembering.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post..I remember that day so vividly..I seriously watched different memorials from 8 this morning until...well I left it on all day. You can just watch the documentary on 9/11 from different aspects and really see heroism..truly amazing.

    have an awesome week. cant wait to see whats coming!!!!
    Love you Disney.

    ReplyDelete