Sunday, October 16, 2011

the one for fall, yall.

First off.  Happy 200th post for raleigh perk! :)  Since, this is a milestone for my sweet little blog.. I thought I would post about one of my favorite things ever.

Fall.

First, a elementary description of fall::
F-forever grateful for this season.
A-all living things look their prettiest during this time of year.
L- long live the changing leaves.
L-lattes.. pumpkin spice lattes, please.

There is something about fall, no matter where you live, makes you bring out your southern comfort.  Everywhere you look there are hay bales, bushels, and crops such as the infamous pumpkins & their partners, the decorative gourds. There are pretty rustic colors everywhere, like the leaves changing & in precious pots of mums.  Comfort foods & drinks are embraced during this season, like pies, soups & spiced cider.  With my infatuation with all things vintage, it brings an even bigger reason to pull out old mason jars, window panes, tattered books & bibles.  I could go on & on about the fashion that comes with this season.  All is lovely in the season of fall.

With it being my favorite season, I was not satisfied with the fact that fall was not embraced in the Raleigh house.  Not a bit satisfied.  But now.. we have all collaborated and now I am a very happy girl.

One thing I love about our house, is our mantle in our living room.  I am in LOVE with mantles.  They make a room feel 10x more comfy.  Our mantle was not living up to it's potential until last week.  Liza pulled out some old window panes she got over fall break from our Young Life leaders.  So Liza, Sarah & I threw those in the center of the mantle & decoratively placed an old thermos filled with fake Japanese lanterns, a couple old books & a bible; strategically placed miniature pumpkins accordingly & to put a wire pumpkin filled with potpourri beside an old clock.  Ahh, so lovely.







Also, our front door is as inviting as fall, yall.  

 

 On our coffee table, there is a small mason jar of candy corn for fall inspiration & sweet tooth fixins.


 In preparation for our potential treat-or-treaters, we have a giant candy bowl in our dining room for all guest (& hostesses) to enjoy! :)


 Also, Trader Joe's was having a flower sale & I got some fresh sunflowers for our dining room table. 

I am now rightly satisfied with the fall dripping in our sweet little home.  Now that we almost got our house fully together decorative wise, we decided to pant those window panes on our mantle.  The color is called Roaming Pony.  Haha.. ultimately, it's a brown, gray & purple-ish color.  Update soon! :)


What are you loving about this season?

2 comments:

  1. my roommate and me have been working on our fall decorations for our dorm as well.
    these are wayyyy too cute!
    i will have to come visit and see them firsthand.
    -sarah horton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is simply beautiful. I love all the things you've done to it for fall. I can hardly wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Christmas. Thanks for letting me crash the other night...loved staying all night with you. Love you! Miss you terribly!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete