Thursday, October 13, 2011

the one to be still.

This morning I got up early to do a devotion in my new journal.  I decided to use my roommate's devotional Jesus Calling because I am currently in search of a new one as I have finished mine.  This morning I went to October 13th's excerpt & it was exactly what my heart needed to hear.

(Forewarning: it is written in the context that Jesus is talking directly to you)

Take time to be still in My Presence.  The more hassled you feel, the more you need this sacred space of communion with Me.  Breathe slowly and deeply.  Relax in My holy Presence while My Face shines upon you.  This is how you receive My Peace, which I always proffer to you.
Imagine the pain I feel when My children tie themselves up in anxious knots, ignoring My gift of Peave.  I died a criminal's death to secure this blessing for you.  Receive it gratefully; hide it in your heart.  My Peace is an inner treasure, growing within you as you trust in Me.  Therefore, circumstances can not touch it.  Be still, enjoying Peace in My Presence.

Psalm 46:10; Numbers 6:25-26

Doesn't make you wanna grab another cup of coffee & just close your eyes to be still?  Today, I encourage you to join me in being still before our creator & receiving his gift of Peace with an grateful heart.

Happy Thursday!


2 comments: