Saturday, October 8, 2011

the one to be victorious.

Victory Junction Gang Camp is a organization that is near & dear to my family's heart.  My sister wrote a precious blog post about it here.  We believe in Victory and  will always be big supporters & lovers of what it stands for.  A couple of weeks ago, my sister  & I ran in the 

 

We participated in the 5k.


We woke up at 4:30 to head to the early morning race. :)




It was Ash's first 5k & she did so, so good!  We were all so proud of her.



Even my little cousin, Brooke, came to support us.  :)  She's the sweetest.


The race was wonderful.  It was great being able to run for a great cause with my sister.  It was the best reason to wake up at 4:30 in the morning, that's for sure!

Afterwards, we just hung out until we had to go to the grid iron to watch precious baby boy, Ryan, play some footy-ball.


oh.. and just in case you were wondering, high school cheerleading & their bows keep getting bigger & bigger each game I come home to.


(the one with the parallel lines running from his shoulders to his cleats is ours!)


I love coming home to watch Ryan play football.  I love the comrade of high school football in general.  I love the big bows.  I love that all the fans have the same shirt on.  I love the chill of fall. I love to see tall, skinny boys take down the giants.  I love the hope of comebacks & under dogs rising to the challenge.   

Another lovely Saturday.. lovely, from start to finish.

  Now I am at home.. I have a sweatshirt & socks on, I am sitting beside a fire pit outside, with Christmas lights in the tree behind me, daddy is cooking grilled chicken & veggies while mom mans the fire pit & checks on the food inside, Sam is on the way.. supper will be outside on this perfect fall night, tonight!  Gotta go enjoy it!  Happy Saturday! :)

2 comments:

  1. this was a great weekend.......and victorious is a great to way to title it. Love having ya'll home....love watching yall run 5Ks together.....love the way you love that brother of yours....Great weekend! :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious post! So So proud of you and Ashley! My favorite picture: Yall all snuggled in bed. Love FAMILY love!

    ReplyDelete