Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the one to relax.

I have been frying my brain over the past several hours & now that that test is behind us.. I can relax.  Rita, my friend & bible study leader, met this morning for coffee.  We talked about everything and nothing -- Jesus, boyfriends, camping, fall break, family, & stress levels.  Rita knows me pretty well & knows how much I stress.  My mom (bless her heart) stresses out because I am so stressed out when it comes to test days & interviews.   I do the whole let's go for a run thing, watch some television, bake, nap... but my mind still stirs with this I need to be doing.  But today, I went into Barnes & Nobles to buy a new journal & a gift for a friend.  While I was in there, I felt so relaxed.  The most relaxed I have felt in a long time.  I went to the Starbucks counter, hit up yet another Pumpkin Spice Latte (imagine that)... and just walked around for a good hour.  I was planning on getting in, getting out.  But I just moozied around, sipping on warm splashes of  my latte, touching detailed edges, stopping to read the back of books, feeling the pages of every journal I picked up.  It was simple & it was quiet.
  It was lovely.


So maybe there it is.. my stress reliever -- walking around in book stores. 
I guess time will tell.

Maybe you can help me out..
how do YOU relieve stress?

& I realize it is not iTunes Tuesday.. but this song was playing at B&N.. and it is on my playlist for this blog.  I love it & and the sound is so soothing.  Grab a latte & enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this makes me happy!
    Love you....and am so proud of all the hard work you're putting into your classes.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete