Sunday, October 30, 2011

the one with twins.

  So this past Monday.. I went to bed remotely early in order to go to the gym before classes.   But somewhere around 4 o' clock.. my phone rang.  I had gone to bed early, so I was very unaware of the time.. I'm thinking it's around 7 (which means I had overslept!).  So I sat up, cleared my throat and forced my eyes to open wide so I sounded like I had been awake for a while.  With a alert and enthusiastic  tone I answered "Hey!  What are you doing!?"  Sam replied back sounding like a zombie.. "Hey.. mom called".  My heart dropped and I started to panic "What's wrong?  How's Jenny?  The babies? Is everyone okay?"  Sam replied by saying "Everyone's great.. mom actually called me to tell me that they were thinking that they were gonna have babies sometime this morning & we needed to head that way".  

Adrenaline... check.


 When we got to the hospital, Jenny wasn't ready to bring them boys in the world yet.. so we just all stood in her room, talking about everything and nothing.  Around 30 minutes later, the baby gang wanted to do a quick check on Jenny, just to make sure all was well.  So we left the family of four to entertain them.


Then seriously 5 minutes later.. it was that time.



The Lord must have got a good laugh at the prayers I was sending up.. they didn't even make sense.  They were scattered, specific, random, tearful, joyous, nervous.. I don't think I even gathered a complete thought.  But after an insanely short labor & delivery, the Lord gave Jenny & Jordan the most precious blessings.





With me being obsessed with babies, I am so thrilled that these two boys are the only thing Sam wants to talk about.  He is one proud uncle & he will be a terrific one at that.  Those two little boys are so blessed to be born into such an incredible family.  & I know Jenny & Jordan will do an amazing job of raising them to be awesome men of Christ. 

Even though they are the two cutest boys known to man.. they have a long journey ahead of them!  Please continue to pray for them & the new parents! Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. The Lord was laughing at my prayers too....but isn't He good? Love those sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are precious!!! Congrats to their family :)

    ReplyDelete