Friday, November 4, 2011

the one for #11.

So, I call my brother "cutie".  It's a strange pet name for a little brother.. but over the past couple years he has really started to develop into a pretty boy who walks with a lot of confidence and has a sly way of gaining your respect.  Homeboy knows how to work the system, that is for sure.  My sister and I always joke that Ryan has our mom wrapped about his finger.  Baby boy, can do NO wrong in the eyes of my mother.  [insert my rolling eyes]

But yeah, so the name "cutie" fits him.  I seriously think my brother is so, so cute.  Anyway, I am going on about 3 different tangents, this post is about Cutie's football senior night.  It was pouring the rain, freezing cold night filled with warm, sweet moments of making memories last.  Before his last game on his home field there was brief presentation of all the seniors & their parents.







There were definitely some sweet moments in the mix.





The newest and easily my favorite tradition the football team does is walk down the stairs at the entrance.. and walk across the home bleachers.  I don't know why I love it so much..  but it just screams "thanks for coming, we'll make you proud"









Did I mention it was freezing & raining?  




But overall, Cutie did good.  No surprise there.




&& even though it is bittersweet moments of hanging up the cleats, I am ready to see home boy do work on the basketball court.  :)



Good luck in your very last game tonight, Ryan!  Soak up every last second and have no regrets when you walk off that field tonight!  Im proud of you and I love you very much!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I too love them walking across the bleachers...gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about every game is when they play boys of fall and then they walk across the bleachers. It's my favorite thing ever(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.....first time i've teared up. and by the way.....seriously he doesnt do much wrong....and yes I am wrapped....but i only smile when i see you girls still laying in Dad's lap while you watch tv for very long periods od time. So you tell me...who has who wrapped? Personally I just think our family is blessed to be wrapped in overpowering love! :)

    Seriously precious post.....and it makes me incredibly sad for #11 be finished in that jersey. But when the last whistle blew Friday night.... I gave thanks right then and there to 'The Man'....for protecting my baby boy (and his teammates) this season! As much as I love this game....it's unnerving to watch the ones I love so stinking much play this dangerous sport....especially after his serious concussion from last year. As he was shaking hands I turned to your dad and said....'That very same, overwhelming sense of relief I felt 30 years ago when you walked off the field for the last time..... just happened all over again.'

    Thanks for the post.....seriously heartwarming.

    Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete