Sunday, April 29, 2012

The one for Sam.

 Sam,

I had the best day with you yesterday.  An early morning bike ride with you was the perfect way to start my day.  I love your spontaneity lately.  Friday night's date to Bonefish Grill where you ordered fish, caught me off guard.  The when in Rome attitude threw me off a little bit because you are creature of habit and comfort, but you stepped outside your comfort zone and I'm so proud of you. 

Instead of going on the trial for the bike ride yesterday morning, you suggested downtown. I love downtown.  You always do things, go places, buy things that I love.  You are kind.  You are thoughtful.  You are giving.  Since you have become a working man, you like your Saturday's to sleep in.  I appreciate you getting up early to endure this sweet trip with me.

 You're idea of hitting up the downtown Goodwill made me happy.  I love a good thrift, twice new, consignment shop.  Incredible treasures can always be found.  Our treasures turned out being gently-used 90's bands CDs.  I love watching you shop.  You analyze the details.  All of them.  You angled every one of those CDs to see how the light caught the back in order to check for scratches.  You analyze and think about things thoroughly.  I love that.  It balances me out as I am someone who buys, goes and does things on a whim.

Although you give most things a valid ponder, you are also more than willing to roll with it.  You please me with your flexibility.  You don't get worked up when your idea gets shot, or when something doesn't go according to plan.  You are easy-going.  I love that.  Morning Times wasn't your pick of the morning, but you rolled with it. You enjoyed it nonetheless.


You are happy.  Pretty much all the time.  You love a lot of things.  Like fishing and ice cold Pepsi's.  You have a passion for a lot of things.  Like Jesus and family.  I absolutely fall in love with you again and again when you reveal your heart.  Hard talks get your mind stirring and I love to see you sort through all of your feelings out loud.  I love that you come to me for an ear to listen, for an opinion, for anything.  You make me feel loved.  In more ways than one.  


I'm thankful for you.  You have such a sweet spirit that is infectious.  Even in silence you are golden.  Thank you for an incredible Saturday.  One for the books for you and me.  You're my best good friend, Sam.  And I love you.

Love,
Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Seriously this is probably one of my favorite posts! You guys are so sweet and I'm so glad I can call you both great friends! That Sam kid is quite the catch!
    <3 Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawwwwwwwwww(:
    I've never seen a young relationship that I've looked up to except for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet....loving...gentle....kind....geniune.....just like each of you. Ya'll are like rare book-ends...holding everything rhat important in both your lives....strongly between you.

    ReplyDelete