Monday, April 9, 2012

the one over easter.

 This morning I slept through my alarm clock for an hour.  For an entire hour I didn't hear this annoying buzzer go off right beside my ear.  I had to make a conscious effort to roll my sleepy body out of the bed.  I was exhausted.  Sometimes, being tired is the result of a solid weekend.  

My Easter break was so good.  On Thursday I met mom for a delicious turkey sandwich at the Carving Board, shopped a little, then headed home for an almost 3 hour nap.  I woke up to find my happy, little family in the kitchen watching Mom do what she does best.  It was the start to a good Easter break.

Friday morning Dad, Ashley & I got up early to head to our beloved Victory Junction Gang Camp to paint fire hydrants.  My dad's obvious love for this place is so evident to my family.  As soon as we pulled into the camp, dad asked to stop the car.  He got out of the car and walked along some of the outlying fencing.  As he walked beside the fencing, he fixed any boards that weren't set in place.  Throughout the day, he picked weeds and perfected any little area that seemed off.  He loves this place, which makes his girls love it that much more.

Before shot of a fire hydrant Ashley painted when the camp first opened up.



Fire Hydrant one... cactus.
 





 Fire Hydrant two.. fun/happy zebra.





Fire Hydrant three.. fish tank.



I couldn't resist making my mark.






Later that night, Mom created this giant meal and Jesus added a big ol' side of moonlight.



 Saturday was a day of yard work for the boys and furniture staining for the girls.  Later on though, Ashley & I took Ryan's senior pictures.  I love this boy. I can't believe he will be sending out graduation invitations this month!


Sneak peak.. my favorite shot of the day.
 

Easter Sunday was great.  It started out with dropping pieces of bread into the communion cup and ended with an entirely too late trip to Raleigh.  Sunday was so fun.  I loved seeing all my family, even if it was only for a small amount of time.   

I got spend time with this gorgeous momma of two.


 I got to open Easter basket that were created out of fishing baskets and woks.



 I got to see my mom create my dad's main contribution to Easter... colorful deviled eggs.



 I got to spend more time with my sweet siblings.





I got moments with Sam.
 

 And I got to crack up over both of my silly grandpas!



 Holidays can be overwhelming, especially if you are sharing them with someone.  My mom is so great at reminding me that even small moments with the ones you love is enough.  I was so upset that I didn't get to see everyone on one side of the family.  But I am broken hearted and humbled by the fact that some individuals don't get to see any of their family.  Speaking of humbled, I am humbled mostly by my Savior.  I am thankful that my Jesus bled, died and then rose again for me.

All in all, my heart is full, my God is good.

2 comments:

  1. I love EVERYTHING about this post! A few of my favorites: Colored deviled eggs. The fabulous picture of your brother. The fire hydrants at VJC. The twins. The Grandpas. The sibling photo. Pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Fabulous Post :) You are too cute in everything you do! Your family is so sweet and precious and your brother is quite the catch! So handsome :) Glad you had a great Easter, we serve a great God <3 Love youuuu!!!

    ReplyDelete