Friday, August 10, 2012

The one for my sweet daddy.

 This past Father's Day, we gave dad tickets to see Chicago & the Doobie Brothers in Raleigh.  So on Saturday we loaded up the car & headed to my little oasis for a weekend getaway!






It was such a fun weekend of good eats, Farmer's Markets && classic music.












Well, yesterday my sweet daddy turned the big 50.  Like my mom, my dad is also very laid back.  He don't get worked up or anxious over much.  My dad is relaxed.  My dad loves the comfort and simplicity of his home - & we knew that is where he would want to celebrate his big day.  So we invited his parents over and had burgers on the grill.  We sang & he blew out candles.  He wore a party hat && a  big smile the whole night.











&& Ashley didn't miss out on the party.  We Face-Timed her in on all the singing and opening of gifts! :)


Oh happy day, daddy.  I love you so much.  I cannot explain how much you mean to me.  I am so grateful for your giving heart and your leadership.  You make your family feel so loved, so comforted, so protected in everything you do.  I love you, Douglas.  Stay golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment