Friday, October 26, 2012

The one tonight.

Tonight, is the first Friday night I've spent the night in my Raleigh house in 5 weeks!!  Whether it be my fall break, Victory Junction, weddings, Windy Gap or like last weekend... the beach.  The beach in October is my favorite time to go.  My family didn't get to take a family vacation this summer and used my little brother's fall break to take advantage of a small getaway.  I left Thursday morning, skipping a couple classes to spend a long weekend with my parents and brother.  My sister had a charity walk for work and Sam had his own family plans.  We stayed in a friend's condo, where I slept happily on the pull out couch.  Early Friday morning.. let's say around 6:20-30.. my parents woke up to their usual circadian rhythm to enjoy coffee and the sunrise.  How thankful I am for early bird parents because every morning I got to watch the sunrise.  What a blessing?!


 Also, my family are food people.  We like to try the favorite local spots and we hit jack pot (or shall I say steam pot) with Duffy Street Seafood Shack.  There my family & I engorged ourselves with calamari, oysters, clams, scallops, crab legs, and low country boils.  More specifically, my family are seafood people.  We are thankful for aquaculture.





When we weren't shoving our faces with local seafood goodness or drinking multiple cups of coffee to cheerfully bring in the sunrise we were soaking up them rays, fishing, and sleeping in our Vitamin D.

Yes, you are allowed to be jealous of my sweatshirt.  My sweet grandma got this youth large sweatshirt for my 6'4'' brother a couple years ago.  Thankful he was never able to fit in this comfy, shark-surfing sweatshirt.




 

Im missing the beach this Friday night.  I miss the idea of knowing a coffee cup and sunrise will be there to greet me in a couple hours.  I miss hilarious scattergories at night.  I miss the weather.  I miss being with the most laid-back people in the whole world. 

However, I am thankful for this Friday night back in Raleigh.  Thankful for sushi suppers with my roommates.  Thankful for a warm house and a TV that constantly plays FRIENDS.

Good night, Raleigh.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! We LOVE finding new places to eat and I can't wait to try this one! Worth a day trip for sure!!!! Love your sweet family. And coffee. And sunrises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss everything about that sweet place.....mostly I miss sunrises like that with the people I adore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Duffy's too! Loved it! Love your gorgeous pictures . . . ahhh it's paradise there! So glad you guys had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete