Sunday, October 21, 2012

the ones without broken pots.

 
Last weekend, I had the incredible opportunity to some time in Weaverville, NC.  Weaverville is the home to one of the most gorgeous places in North Carolina.. Windy Gap, a Young Life Camp.  I can't tell you how majestic this place is.  It's like a little hidden valley within glorious surrounding mountains.   It has a giant willow tree.  It has a swing that makes your stomach drop.  It has triple layered bunk beds.  It is incredible.

So during my sweet weekend, I got to spend my time with these girls...

I love Fall Camp at Windy Gap.  We do crazy things like have flour bomb battles at ten o' clock in the morning, create human snakes in the damp, damp ground, and scream our lungs off to the new tunes.
 
 
\\


 We also get to do things that are completely perfect for the soul..  like spending time around a table, where talk is sweet and food is good.. and hearing the gospel and then spending time in circle discussing it.


 I got to catch up on old friendships and create new ones.


 I got to spend time with my own Young Life leader.


 I got to see two of my roommates completely in their element - leading high school girls to the truth.


Last weekend, I got to spend my time hearing the gospel, living the gospel, and having sweet talks with high schoolers about the gospel.  What a blessing?!




Dear Heavenly Father, 
Thank you so much for Windy Gap.  Thank you for the work crew, program and leaders that are able to make Fall Camp happen.  Thank you for Ben, who did an incredible job explaining how to find full life in You.  Thank you for replacing our broken pots with the perfect pot of Jesus.  Thank you for Surry County.  Thank you for Wake County.  Thank you for Young Life and the lives that you impact through it.
Love, Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful you still get to participate....even if it's not as much as you would like. After hearing you speak at the Surry County banquet....I know how much this organization really means to you. I am so proud of you....and love you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady :) 1. you are gorgeous. 2. I love reading about your life. 3. I would also love hearing about your life. maybe over coffee. maybe with other friends? sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete