Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the one in the 80's flashback.

my lovely jl commented on my workout post and i couldn't stop thinking about the 80's generation.

honestly. how great would it be to grow up during that time.
first off. the music [of course!] was incredible. how amazing would it be to go see michael jackson, elton john, the eagles, foreigner, fleetwood mac, huey lewis, stevie wonder, hall & oates, eddie money, eric clapton all of them in concert. i mean i have seen the super fine bon jovi in concert. but what about during his prime? ahh. also. my favorite band is the goo goo dolls. they started in the late 80's but they were at the top in the 90's. overall, living during the 80's music phenomena would be incredible. jealous, i must say.
here is some fleetwood for ya. daddy and i loveee them.
and the eagles. teeter and i drool at the sound of don henly's voice. :)

what about hair styles? who would not want this:
big. bold. beautiful. seriously. it has a rebel/classic look to it. extreme. awesome. i mean i didn't find the BEST picture ever. i just wanted to challenge a few of you to go through some high school annuals. :)

bold in this time. is sleek bobs. throw in a color or two. not extreme, ya know?

clothes. attitudes. laws. sterotypes. personalities. not that i agree with all of them. but honestly. it must have been a fun, fun generation. :)

okay. now i have to go fix my big, bold, beautiful hair.... with a straightener. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was a great time for sure.........and you KNOW I had hair like that....the bigger the better! I had a red jumpsuit that went really well with my BIG hair!

    The music.........in a class by itself!

    Daddy and I LOVE that you love the music of the 80s...what we DONT love...is that you can beat us in the music game with the songs of our youth! :) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elton John and I go way back to *Yellow Brick Road*. Though I was in my twenties in the 80's, I still remember the words to his songs!

    For me though, those eighties hair-do's were a bit much. You should SEE some of my old pics. No, maybe not!

    ReplyDelete