Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the one where sam turns 21.




sam turned 21 last week. 21. that's crazy.
im still caught in the days where i was 15 and he was 16 and we were going out on our first date.
ahhh, young love. :)

anyways. i decided to state 21 reasons why i still can't get enough of this boy.
one. he is man of God, and rejoices in it at least a hundred times a day.

two. he is so incredibly adorable (especially with his scruff - thank you, no shave november!).

three. he's hilarious. he's not afraid to be crazy in front of people to get a smile out of me.

four. he loves, i mean loves his family.

five. he can sing exactly like ANY female pop artist.. including beyonce, katy perry and lady gaga.

six. he is a really hard worker.. with work, school, relationships, etc.

seven. he's athletic, with a great toned boddddddd.

eight. he puts up with my constant need to drive downtown just to see downtown raleigh for the millionth time.

nine. he takes notice to small things.

ten. he balances me out. (and i like to think vice versa too.) ha.

eleven. he always walks me back from the library at night. even when he is already in bed.. he throws some clothes on, jumps on his bike and heads my way, just to make sure i am back safely.

twelve. he loves going to concerts. especially sister hazel.

thirteen. i love to ride in the car with him. him singing. our hands together. oldies music playing. coffee in the cupholders. great conversation. its one of my favorite places to be with him.

fourteen. he pushes me to be a better me. in my walk. in my health. in my goals.

fifteen. he is a great leader in our relationship.

sixteen. he is true southern gentleman. always opening my doors. always the one to drive. always picks me up for dates. always respectful.

seventeen. he is maturing daily while still staying a 5 year old kid. confusing but... sam has a weird way of being able to act like a old man and a kid at the same time. true talent, my friend.

eighteen. he hunts. he looks so good in camo.

nineteen. he changes his clothes a hundred times before leaving his room. (little feminism never hurt anyone.)

twenty. he's simple. doesn't take much to please him. throw him some pepsi and some spaghetti and he's straight.

twenty one. he is my best friend and is always genuinely interested in what's going on in my life.

mushy, mushy. i know. but it's kind of an awesome feeling telling others about this incredible guy i've gotten to know and fall in love with. happy belated birthday, sam. i hope you had a great 21st birthday in raleigh. :)


3 comments:

  1. I will agree with so many of these....and they are the same reasons that Big Daddy and I think the world of him! It means so much to us that he takes such good care of you...on every. single. level.

    We love you. We love him. We love ya'll.

    Happy Birthday Sam!

    And I have heard him singing like beyonce...he's dead on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great one....and I always said every man needs a feminine side!!!

    ReplyDelete