Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the one where we take a break.

i need a break from all the studying for finals...


so how about a CHRISTMAS SURVEY?!



- eggnog, coffee or hot cocoa? most definitely coffee.
- does santa wrap gifts or just lay them under the tree? Santa is all about the element of surprise so he wraps all gifts he gives. he even wraps in a different paper for each of us kids.
- color lights or white lights? white, for sure. classy and pure.
- do you hang a mistletoe? not in my dorm. but back at home, mom & dad usually do.
-when do you start putting your decorations up? in my dorm room? right before thanksgiving. that way when i come back from thanksgiving break i am welcomed to a jolly-spirited room. at home? right after thanksgiving.
what is your favorite holiday meal? mom & dad's to-die-for christmas morning breakfast. also, my mema's pheasant pie (oh my word... oh my word).
-how do you decorate your christmas tree? every year, all the kids and mom & dad get a "special ornament". it represents our past year. i really got into coffee my spring semester of freshman year. so my ornament was:


ashley loves to cook, so she ended up picking this:


ryan got his license...


mom & dad always get the "mommy&daddy" ones i guess to represent another year of lovee.. awwww.

i love this tradition.. something i will gladly take into my own family one day. but we have a random assortment of all of our special ornaments, homemade ornaments from elementary school, huge words like "believe", "let it snow", "peace", we even have a violin and small, antique sled in our tree. its organized chaos.
-snow, love it or dread it? the cold weather makes for really cute outfits, an exceptional excuse to wear scarves every single day, and cups of coffee so much smoother. snow is the ultimate cold weather, so i love it. i also think it is just completely gorgeous.
-can you ice skate? yes. & i plan on going in downtown raleigh come january.
-what's the most important thing about christmas? celebrating the birth of our creator. & in that spending real, intentional time with your family and people you love.
-what tops your christmas tree? an angel i made in the 2nd grade. (p.s... sam's mom was my 2nd grade teacher, weird right?).
-favorite christmas song? i'm gonna steal my momma's and say "o holy night".
-favorite place to shop for christmas gifts? toughy. flea markets/antique malls, or local (not chains) shops.

this is me tagging you! :) yay for christmas surveys.

now back to the dreadful homestretch of ending this semester. good luck all you college kids!

7 comments:

  1. my absolute favorite christmas song is oh holy night.
    just to let you know.
    i loved all your answers.
    and traditions(:

    and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas morning breakfast is my favorite meal, too!

    You should get your bf to take you to Sitti downtown... have you ever been? Its Lebanese food, which sounds weird, but sooo good.

    p.s. Where do you go to church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas morning breakfast is soooo good! I read on your blog that Sitti was really good... so yeah, I'll definitely try it out! I go to Hope Community here in Raleigh.. what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! I have never been there but have heard lots of good things. I used to go to The Summit but switched to Providence recently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im a sucker for your
    family ornament tradition.
    my family does the same thing
    as well as the killer christmas breakfast.
    & im in love with connection to your christmas
    tree topper and "sam"'s mother. that is ironic :)

    ReplyDelete