Friday, December 10, 2010

the one with jesus and matt lauer.

my parents do not think i know enough about the world. most of the time, i'm too stubborn to admit that... but i have to say its true. i'm almost twenty now.. so i guess i should go ahead and get acclimated to the scary (but exciting) real world. so that was the basis behind one of my december goals.. which was to get up earlier. not only to make sure i don't waste my day away but to watch the today show. i actually love the today show. watching matt lauer :) talk about the what's going on in the world makes it so much easier to listen to.


it's just easier to watch then the 6 o' clock news.. when you are juggling supper and your weekly tv shows. so. i got up this morning (not at 7.. i forgot to set my alarm) but early enough to catch a glimpse of this planet.

once the today show hit ideas about cooking, fashion, money.. i knew my eyes would be glued to the screen (&& i have a whole day planned for studying.. & blogging :) ) so i had to get off.

still sleepy, i brew up the "breakfast blend" kcup for my keurig coffee maker and slide out the bible while a wonderful scent slowly filled my room. as i filled my cup with a mini-moo and a packet of splenda, i was excited to see what the Lord had in store for me to read and learn.


jesus and i talked about my biggest dreams and my biggest fears. i've never really thought about those. i've always had big dreams of my career and future family, and fears of dying young or wasting my time on earth. but we got a lot more personal and it was awesome. so i challenge you today, talk to the Him about your biggest fears and dreams. they change often.. especially as you mature, i've come to realize. this morning was productive, meaningful, full of knowledge. i can't wait to spend a lot more mornings with jesus and matt lauer. :)


now off to keep the study movement going... maybe to a quiet coffee shop, because our library is PACKED full and loud of study groups explaining, papers rummaging and others looking for a seat.

ohh.. maybe i can get sam to go with me??


who am i kidding.. he is not even up yet.

have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you are learning more about the world that surrounds you...even if it is watching Matt. National news is a good catch from time to time... :)

    Im so proud of you for apprecation for morning and rituals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And that photo of the Bible and your coffee cup totally rocks. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete