Monday, January 10, 2011

the one for & from my roommate.

school is back in session. fried brains are a-coming! & my roomie and i are pumped. because we are going to work harder than ever to get straight A's in all of our classes. we got this.

on our first day of our fourth semester at state.

last night, after vowing excellent grades this semester to each other, we exchanged christmas (& my birthday) gifts. let's just say. my roommate knows me like the back of her hand. she picked the absolutely most perfect gifts!! :)

i got this insanely cute scarf (who knew i would love it?) & this precious coffee cup.
(notice the crosses in the cup?)

also, remember my daily devotions from becoming a woman of simplicity. well sarah got all of them for christmas. she is already a woman of prayer, freedom, excellence, purpose & influence. but i know these books are only going to enhance her beauty, strength & faith.


so sarah ended up giving me becoming a woman of excellence!! i am so excited!!!! i can't wait to do these devotions together!! :):)


dearest roommate. i love you to pieces. you are one of my best friends, & such a blessing to my life. i can't believe i got the greatest roommate in the history of roommate assignments! you are so good to me and you are a daily inspiration to stand strong in my faith & have fun doing so. thanks for all my gifts, friend! i love you sarah!

sarah ended up getting....

a cute clipboard (because she always rights her "to-do" lists on her giant white board, and she just needs it to use when she does her homework on the futon [which is all the time]), a pair of socks, homemade foot scrub (that i threw together) & an antique spoon to get the scrub out with.

she also go one of the shutter ear ring holders!
she's already putting it to good use!

personalized with one of her many favorite bible verses!

close up of the homemade peppermint foot scrub.

i love my roommate.
ignore the roughness, it was long day.. and was getting late.


lastly, my suitemates and i decided to drag out christmas as long as possible. so we created suitaka! each night one person gives her gifts. the next night.. a new person, etc. so sarah decided she would be the first to hand out gifts.

[in the tune of 12 days of christmas]

"one the first day of suitaka, sarah gave to me....
my favorite flower in a jar of beads!"


one of my fave colors: green. one of my fave flowers: gerber daisy.

hesh & amanda with their adorable gifts!

& katie was slightly excited.

last night was a complete success & such an awesome way to start off this semester.
thanks sarah.

4 comments:

  1. You got this!
    A great roommate!
    Great suitemates!
    Great grades!
    and a new tradition called suitaka!
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me
    so excited about
    collegeee!
    i love you court.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so you know...
    neither of you looked rough(:
    beautiful ladiess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you're too sweet. Love you Court! You're the best roommate in the entire WORLD!

    ReplyDelete