Monday, February 21, 2011

the one i don't want to post.

I have terrible news.  Remember these sweet, sweet boys, I babysit?  Unfortunately, their dad had some complications with pneumonia and past away this weekend.  Kelly, the mother is a strong, Godly woman and is praying for strength as she gears up to take on this challenge God has presented to her.  She is trying to prepare for the struggles ahead and knows through prayer, faith and love she will get through this for her family and herself.

Kelly sent out an email and included this:

John was an amazing man.  He was loved by so many.  It was not his time to go and I do not understand why he is gone.  I will so deeply miss him.  I was blessed beyond measure by his life and love, which for me was truly unconditional.  What an example of Jesus he was and will continue to be to me and the boys.  He loved his men's groups, his work, family and most of all, his God.  He is with Him now, dancing in the streets and beconing us all to come when it's time. 

What a hardship to go through at such a young age?  Not to mention, the boys.  I cannot imagine.   So please, please, please pray for Kelly and the boys.  Pray for direction, strength, keeping faith, hard love, encouragement, all of it.  Keep her in your thoughts, as a reminder that life is so incredibly quick, and you have no idea what tomorrow brings.  

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"
Psalm 34:18

5 comments:

  1. i am so sorry - your mom told me about it this morning and my stomach has been in knots since. i'll be praying for them. and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney, How sad for so many people. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot even begin to imagine.
    this really hit me. they are definitely in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so I just wanted to tell you that on Sunday I was looking through your posts and I re-read the one about the boys and how there dad was sick.
    well when I read it I felt like I needed to pray for those two little boys...
    now I know why.
    I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as i drove home today.... you told me about the time you spent with Kelly and the boys this afteroon....and their broken hearts...I could tell you were broken inside as well. That unfamiliar lump in my throat could not be held at bay...and at times we couldnt even form words. Tears for Kelly, the boys, their whole family, and for you and Sarah (their loving sitters). I am so sorry that everyone is facing this tradegy. I am thankful the boys responded to you today in a positive way. I pray you are a bright spot for all of them...if only in small doses as their hearts begin to mend. I love you....for loving so deeply....and I hope you all can find strength in your faith. I will keep the "H" Family close in my thoughts and prayers....as well as the "sitters" that have come to love this precious family. I feel as though I know them through your loving stories. Same with Wormie and her little guy. All these little ones work themselves right into my heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete