Thursday, July 28, 2011

the one for the rock star in the family.

My little cousin, Brooke, turned twelve last week.  Seriously, time flies!  I remember helping feed Brooke her morning bottles & laying her down for naps.   Home girl is now wearing my clothes, almost my height & wears the same size shoe as me!  Crazy.  

Anyways, Brooke had a family get together for her twelfth birthday party.  It was camp/outdoors inspired... which suits her perfectly.  Brooke is super, duper outdoorsy.  She competes in shooting (yes, as in guns) tournaments, kayaks, help her parents with their giant array of farm animals, has a dirt bike, runs, fishes, & hunts.  She's a good ol' southern gal/rock star && I absolutely adore her.


The party included a super fast zip line!







Shooting skeet.. 

(first my uncle taught us how to know whether to shoot right or left handed)




I'm the lefty..












Eventually, we got tired of holding our ears from all the shooting & decided to move on to gifts.




Sister got loads of money & some cute outfits! :)





We had a couple photo shoots...









Then my favorite part of the party came!!  Arts & crafts! :) 








Then we topped the night off with corn hole, hot dogs & birthday cake (my actual favorite part of a birthday party!)  The shindig was a blast!  I felt like I was leaving a camp!   




BrookeLynn, I love you so much!  I can't believe how grown up you are!  If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate it if you slowed down!  I had a great time at your party & loved that is suited your personality perfectly.  You're a rock star!  I love you!

5 comments:

  1. awesome post :) very very cool birthday party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post......to the Rock Star. She does Rock...and so doesn't her parents!
    Happy 12th Brookelynn! We love you to pieces!

    Mom

    AKA as Mama TeeTee to the Rock Star :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to take soo long to post anything, Brooke has got us all to spend less time on the computer. This is the best blog ever! We have stayed outside this summer, taking in all of Gods creations.

    Court, you are the greatest role model my rock star could have...

    We Love You!

    ReplyDelete