Thursday, December 22, 2011

the one in the gap.

I got a text from my sister yesterday that read "You never blogged Thanksgiving and it's almost Christmas".  She was right.. but honestly.. I didn't take that many pictures at Thanksgiving && I don't love to blog without pictures..  Instead of annoying everyone with my lens in their face, I enjoyed it.  I loved just being with everyone.  But... then again -- I am pretty much picture-less for this season!  It's a hate/love decision.



In the meantime, I can tell you about the time in between Thanksgiving & Christmas.
The day after Thanksgiving, every year my family heads out to Reed Island Farm in Virginia to get our Christmas tree.




As always, it was a complete success.  The ladies found the tree, the men chopped it down.



Then sometime that weekend, we decorated our tree with our "special ornaments".  Then mom & dad always seal it off with a precious little kiss.. aww. :) 


The end product turned out so fat & cute.


Ignore the skirt.. and a picture of the tree with gifts underneath it is coming as a later post, next week! 


Also, Im trying to learn how collage my instagram photos from my phone.. this is good as it got using Picasa -- I wanna learn via photoshop.. I'll get there.


[one] my latte from Helios cafe in Raleigh.
[two] my devotion & coffee one morning.
[three] our family decided to wrap all of our gifts with newspaper & red ribbons!
[four] my sweet grandma left me some of the dough to her infamous pinwheel cookies because she knows I like all baked goods raw. :)

In other news, baby brother has been doing work on the basketball court this season.  He is a senior, so I think he realizes that it's now or never.  With that kind of mentality, he is making his momma, daddy & sisters insanely proud.


 Now or never, baby brother.




So, on tap for the rest of the gap between Thanksgiving & Christmas...

- admiring all of the Christmas lights before they have to be packaged up for another year
- helping mom with last minute gifts/wrapping & dad with cleaning the house
- reading scripture to prepare for Him
- && editing some pictures for Jenny Lynn


See you next week!  Have the Merriest Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Word. Oh My Word. I'm so glad I read to the very end....my babies! LOVE that picture...can't wait to see the rest!

    Oh, and the family picture in the mountains, your mom should have used that for a Christmas card!!

    Merry Christmas. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! Your family is so precious to me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every single thing about this post..... :) I Love You....for loving all of us so much!
    We are blessed.....and so very thankful for everything in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps....Ash and I will try to blog our crazy lives....starting Jan 1....Life happens too fast to forget the precious moments.

    ReplyDelete