Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The one I mean't to post last week.

I wrote this post last Friday and I forgot to hit publish.

I haven't been this tired in a while.  Three tests this past week.  & now I am sitting beside this sweet little blonde who is happy as he be can be reading this Davy Crockett book he bought at the book fair this morning.  The other blonde is upstairs & keeps on "accidentally" throwing something.  In about 2 more minutes, I'll hear a loud noise, throw a quick "What's going on, dude?" && it the "accidental" throwing will stop.  The house is quiet... for another two minutes at least.

Even though it's been a pretty stressful week.. I have found somethings that I am absolutely loving.

1.  This Eucalyptus Spearmint hand soap.  It is supposedly "stress-relieving", but to me.. it just smells so, so good.  My sister had it in her bathroom when I went to visit her & I was obsessed, my hands were in my face the entire weekend.  When she went to restock, she was so sweet to buy me some for my own bathroom in Raleigh. :)

2.  Building 429.  Um, obsessed.  The lady I babysit for told me to turn on their CD, while the boys ate breakfast one morning.. so I did & fell in love.  If you are a fan of KLOVE, you may have heard their hit single "Where I Belong".  The entire CD is such good worship -- it will get your heart just a stirrin!


3.  My Chacos.  I have been wearing them 24/7.  They are just perfect for this kind of weather && they are so comfy!  I even wore them on a bike ride on Saturday && they were golden.  My brother made fun of me when I got them, saying things like "now you're an official Young Life leader".  No matter what, I am in love with my precious green & black chacos.  They make me happy.

4.  Journaling.  I am thankful for the ability to write (literally, not literaturally -- not a real word.)  I love that I can write out my fears, my stressors, my happies and most importantly my prayers.  I love to write out my prayers because sometimes when I am saying them in my head, my mind goes everywhere or I start focusing on my roommate putting the dishes up or start thinking about think I need to do today.  So when I do devotions, I like to journal it.  I also like journaling because I love to look back and read the entries.

5. Fresh locally grown strawberries.  They are sweet, juicy, delicious. 4 years ago, you couldn't get me to even touch a strawberry.  But now, I love them.  My favorite fruit ever.  I actually had bowl-full of strawberries for lunch one day this week.

What are you loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. Take this world and give me Jesus......love it...and chacos...and strawberries....

    ReplyDelete